Medical Device Connectivity with a BaaS is a Disruptive Innovation
This deck was presented at the 4th Annual Medical Device Connectivity Conference (MDCC4) where Shahid Shah, CEO of Netspective Communications, described how creating a data-centric Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) is good business and can generate new revenue for medical device vendors.
- Marketplace and industry challenges for device vendors
- Why connectivity is good business
- Why connectivity is a disruptive innovation
- What is a “Back-end as a Service” (BaaS)?
- There’s nothing special about health IT data that justifies complex, expensive, or special technology.
- Hardware, sensors, and software are transient businesses but data lives forever. He who owns, integrates, and uses data wins in the end.
- Data from devices is too important and specialized to be left to software vendors, managed service providers, and system integrators.
- Implement a data-centric hardware and BaaS technology strategy