HxRefactored: Stop dreaming about fluid data interoperability and start focusing on actionable enterprise systems integration
This was presented at Health 2.0’s HxRefactored 2014 Conference in Brooklyn.
- Many enterprise apps are being built these days, but most are designed to work as a stand alone system similar to consumer apps
- Healthcare-specific software engineering and integration tools are going to do more harm than good (industry-neutral is better).
- Any enterprise app which acts like a consumer app that doesn’t integrate well into hospital or ambulatory systems and workflows is doomed
- There’s nothing unique about health IT data that justifies complex, expensive, or special technology.
- There’s a lot unique about healthcare workflows that require common technologies to be adapted properly.